Each Ski season in Val Thorens and the 3 Valleys we sadly see people hurting themselves on the slopes. This is part of our sport which will never change, it is a dangerous sport and accidents happen. It doesn’t matter how good you are or think you are every so often you will fall over.
Having ski insurance is very important for many reasons:
- Being cared for on the mountains by Pisters or emergency units is VERY expensive.
- If you don’t have insurance you would need to pay the emergency unit right away (in some ski resorts they will not help you until you pay!).
- Peace of mind.
- Remember Ski insurance isn’t the same as Travel insurance, however some travel insurance policies do cover skiing (please check!).
- You NEED to get the insurance from a UK company BEFORE you leave the country.
- If for some reason you forget you can buy a daily insurance cover from the lift office in the resort. However this will most likely only cover you to the Hospital.
Last season we met more than 10 people who sadly hurt themselves skiing or snowboarding who didn’t take out ski insurance. Because they didn’t have ski insurance they had to pay the ambulance right away using a credit card, not what you want to do when your not feeling too great. Getting the right ski insurance is key too, more information on this on our Ski Insurance page.